Monday, May 9, 2022

Springtime Projects: Project 1 - Shower Door

Hello friends! It's been awhile since I posted last. I've been busy with all the springtime projects besides doing artwork. But they're getting done!

Our first project we worked on was a door for our shower. When we redid the bathroom several years ago, we weren't sure if we wanted a glass door or not. To be honest what was available just wasn't very pretty. I didn't want chrome and there really wasn't enough room for a swinging door. So we opted to hang a shower curtain. 



It wasn't a great choice as the opening was larger than a normal shower and finding a curtain that fit was a challenge. The one I found wasn't quite wide enough and then it tended to blow out and drip water all over the floor. Frustrating.

Then last year, my sister redid her bathroom and they put a sliding door on their shower. It has the hardware that looks like barn door hardware. What could be more perfect for a farm? Finally! A look I was happy with! We had someone come give us a quote - wouldn't you know the one I wanted was more than we wanted to pay? 

Our next step was to go look at Lowes and Home Depot. We found one we liked and thought would work.  With information in hand, we came home, looked it up, figured out what we needed and ordered it. It didn't take too long for it to come in. When Bruce got home with it, he had me try to lift one end up. Boy, that glass was heavy! There was no way I could help him unload it and get it in the house.  He had to get our neighbor to come over and help. Then, a few days later, again with the neighbor's help, Bruce installed it. It was quite the process but it went up without too much trouble.


All most there! Just have to let the caulk cure.

It turned out great! I am so blessed my husband is such a good handyman. 

Yay! No more water leaking out onto the floor!It felt really good to get this project done.

There's many more springtime projects to share - lots of gardening and painting a room. I'll be back next time to share those.

1 comment:

  1. Your hubby is a good handyman and I love the farmhouse sliding doors. Perfect. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...