Thursday, May 12, 2022

I Just Wanted To Paint: Project 2

 Good morning, friends! Have you ever started a project thinking you only had to do the one thing to complete it? 

That's how this project went! I had finally decided on colors for our bedroom, bought the paint, was all ready to go, then the weather didn't cooperate, other things needed attention, and so on.

These are the only before pictures I have of the room. This was after I painted it Revere Pewter but before we moved up here full-time.


As you can see, the room is fairly dark. The grey didn't help.


Finally, last weekend I had the time and perfect conditions in which to tackle painting our room. After removing the pictures from the walls, taking out the smaller pieces of furniture, I had Bruce help me move the large pieces.


Ugh. I knew I'd need to vacuum but I wasn't expecting to find the amount of dust bunnies I uncovered.  I mean,  I do vacuum and dust regularly but we do have 2 large, hairy dogs (border collies) that sleep on the floor next to the bed so dirt happens.

But yikes! What a mess under the bed and dresser. All I wanted to do was paint but now it had to be put on hold for cleaning.

We pulled the area rug out and laid it on the driveway where I scrubbed it clean (yay for indoor/outdoor rugs!) then left it to dry while I tackled the floors in the room.

A thorough vacuuming then I pulled out my Hoover Floormate and washed the floor. Much better! Finally, it was time to paint. I had Benjamin Moore's Chopped Dill for an accent wall and Sherwin Williams' Ancestral Gold for the others. Bye-bye grey!



The next day, I painted another coat on the walls, let it dry, then we put our room back together. Our red bedspread looks great with the new paint colors and I replaced the plain white curtains with the pretty bird print ones that used to hang in the old living room turned office.

I absolutely love how it turned out. So much brighter! Plus, I have a really clean room, which of course, is a bonus. 


This was a big project that I've wanted to do for awhile. I'm so happy it's done.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what a difference. It looks so pretty. Love the drapes too. Yay another project done! Ha ha I have those same dust bunnies and you know what they say about bunnies they multiply constantly!!!! Have a great rest of the week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this color combo and it looks so pretty in your room! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, Jane. Thanks! Cecilia

      Delete
  3. Isn't it nice to have something crossed off your to do list? Especially a big painting project. I love the colors you chose. I have nightstands in that exact same color in our guest bedroom. Enjoy your new bedroom, it looks beautiful. And clean. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it’s so nice to cross a project off the list. Green is one of my favorite colors, if not my favorite. And clean is good! 😉

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...