Thursday, June 2, 2022

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spring projects done before it was too hot. 

I finished mulching the flowerbeds - that was lots of work but looks so good! Hopefully, it will help keep the moisture in during the long, hot days of Summer.

Front flowerbed

Another big project I needed to finish was painting all my metal chairs. They didn't look bad from a distance but up close, the paint was peeling and they had rust spots.

Five of the chairs...where's the yellow one?

I tried last year but then I couldn't get spray paint. So that project was pushed aside until I could find the paint. Each chair takes 2 cans of paint and I only had one of each color. Finally last week, I found what I needed.

All my pretty colors

As I lined them up to prepare to wash them off, Bruce offered to power wash them. Why yes, please! Not only would this clean the dirt off but it would also get the peeling paint off as well.



I'd already washed one and had it in my painting spot so Bruce 
just needed to wash the other five.

Bye-bye dirt and flaking paint

I set up my spot to prime them with Rustoleum's Rusty Metal Primer. Each one got a good coat all over. They had plenty of time to dry as I got busy with other things. But finally, I was able to get back to them this past week.
All primed and ready to go!

Purple, red, and aqua were first. As one dried, I moved it to the side of the barn then started on the next one. 

All went well until I started on the green, yellow and orange ones. First can of paint was great but the second one to finish off each chair didn't seem to have much pigment in it. I shook the can some more. Try again. Nope. In frustration, I quit. I was going to have to go buy more paint. 

Tuesday, I got out and bought the colors I needed. Oh please work! Big sigh of relief - thankfully they did. And here they all are - yellow, green, aqua, purple, orange and red! I LOVE the bright colors.


Oh, these chickens got a fresh coat of paint too as I was spraying the chairs. 

Poor chickies. They are all rusty and faded too.

After they dried, I added the details then gave them all a clear coat for extra protection. Aren't they cute?


Mama hen and her chicks

So come on over. We'll relax with cold drinks and enjoy the evening - all in bright-colored chairs.

All done! We are ready for an evening under the trees.


3 comments:

  1. Cecilia it all looks so great. Love the chairs. So pretty and colorful and fun. You are rockin it out at the farm. Enjoy. Love your chickens too! xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all came out so awesome. I can tell you're an artist by all the different colors you chose. If I were painting them they'd all have to be the same color. Boring, I know. I never, ever have good luck with spray paint. If I'm working on a painting project I know I have to use regular paint because spray paint never works for me. Love all the little chickies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these seats are amazing and very stylish!


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...