Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Bench Spot

If you noticed when we built the closets, we left an area at the end opened. That spot was reserved for a bench so we have a place to sit to put shoes on or pull them off. 


I had a shelf from the previous house that I redid - took it from the cutesy 80's look with the hearts to a rustic farmhouse look. You can find that makeover here. I knew I wanted to use it in this space somehow. It's not very big but I really love how it turned out and it is perfect to hang up dog leashes. The small wall opposite the tin on the closet end seemed perfect so up it went.



But what to do to give the space some personality? It looked pretty plain. Oh yes, I had some old tin ceiling tiles in the barn...The big ones worked perfectly. Some art and a sweet plaque from friends, photos from our England trip, and artwork from my (grown) kids finished it off.






Are you ready to see what it looks like now?




The plaque is actually covering a spot on the tin that has a chunk cut out of it so don't tell me to center it, ok? LOL.


I may add something next to the tin tile behind the bench. I kind of think it needs something - I actually have an idea; maybe it will work! I'll let you know.

Hope you enjoyed this little makeover. Come back Friday when I'll be sharing my latest artwork! See you then.

Cecilia


2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love every inch of this area. You are really going to town with this room and it looks so great. Love that bench too. Yay I bet this makes you smile to see this space all done. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...