Friday, August 6, 2021

On The Artist's Doorstep 1

 Today, I am starting what I'm calling, "On The Artist's Doorstep". It's my goal to share my art and process with you each week.


So welcome to the first installment of On The Artist's Doorstep

Tin Roof Studio 


Albert Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." I believe as adults, we often think knowledge is the more important of the two. We're encouraged to gather knowledge and "quit daydreaming"! We're told to get our heads out of the clouds! But I'd like to submit daydreaming is important to knowledge. Without dreams and imagining, new things go undiscovered.

Image from "The Battle For Her Dreams"


In my art, I want to engage people's imaginations. I want them to participate in the stories. I think that is why fantasy art, illustrations, and whimsy has always been among my favorite types of art. There's story there waiting to pull me in to places unknown. They give me wings to escape from the everyday humdrum.

"Of Dreams and Dragons"


That's not to say I don't love realism. I do. I like beautiful landscapes, realistic art. I paint realism a lot of times, but often I just want to paint from my imagination. It's like reading good fiction. You're transported away from your everyday life. You go to new places. You experience new things. 

"The Dogwood Express"


That's what I want from my art. To transport you. Take you new places. Let you experience new things. And sometimes, it's just to bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart. 

"Bringing Home The Tree"

Thank you for reading. If you'd like to see more of my art, go to www.ceciliabramhallart.com

Cecilia

1 comment:

  1. I love your creative heart and I do love to transport myself into your paintings. I would love to be on that train going to new places to discover that I have never been. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...