Friday, August 13, 2021

On The Artist's Doorstep #2

Our town started ArtWalks this summer and next Friday is the last summer one. I've had the privilege of being in the same spot each time - The Co-Ed Shop on Main Street. The owner and staff are super nice. They have made me feel so welcomed. 

watercolor flamingo


Anyway, I'm working on some fun pieces to offer for sale for this event - whimsical art. I'll still have my blank greeting cards for sale plus a few of my oil paintings but I wanted to offer something different this time. I was inspired by the last two themes of the Artist Trading Cards group I belong to - Cool Cats and Flamingos.


First of all, I started working on some flamingo paintings. I attempted a watercolor painting but had some issues with it. Although it's good practice, I decided acrylics were the way to go on these. First of all, I painted the backgrounds. Then I added the images I had sketched out.
The beginning of two flamingo paintings

About half way done

I'm making progress on them! Aren't they so cute? I'll do some different poses too. So much fun!

I will also do a couple of cats as well. One will be similar to my "Diva" cat.



Another one, will be like my "Hungry" cat image. Both of these were for Artist Trading Card (ATC) exchange "Cool Cats". 


I love doing whimsical art! The ATCs are simple but give me lots of ideas plus are a springboard for more detailed art. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my works in progress and inspiration pieces. It's going to be a busy week getting ready for the Art Walk. If you happen to be in Palestine, TX on the 21st, come on downtown and see all the artists! I'll be at the Co-Ed Shop on Main St. painting live!

See you next week!
Cecilia

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer to come to this special Art Walk. I want to wish you the best of luck. Your creative heart and whimsy will catch the eye of many. Love the fun flamingos and kittys. Happy Saturday sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...