Thursday, August 26, 2021

On The Fence - A Jewelry Holder

I didn't get around to posting last week since I was busy getting ready for the monthly Art Walk. I'll be sharing all about that on Friday. With painting and pulling stuff out for display, I made quite the mess. So I spent the last few days cleaning. I finally got a chance to sit down and write a post. 

Today,  I'm sharing how I hang and display my necklaces and earrings.

 In our previous house, I had a spot for all my jewelry in the Master Bedroom closet. It was a nice spot and I could find what I needed.

But when we moved, the master bedroom closet didn't have room to make a jewelry spot. My solution was to put fancy thumb tacks on the wall next to the dresser.  It worked if a little blah. I still had one of the small frames for my earrings. Unfortunately, the area next to the bed ended up as a catchall and if I happened to drop something, it was a pain to dig through the junk to find the earring or whatever.


  
I knew the time had come to clean it all up and come up with a better solution for my necklaces. But what?

My sister and I love going to Canton and their First Monday Trade Days. There's treasures to be found if you're willing to look. The decision to go the end of July was made. I was determined to find something unique. 

Can I say it was hot? By lunchtime, I hadn't found anything and was starting to get discouraged. I knew we weren't going to last in the heat much longer. That's when I spied this:

Hello, you lovely piece of wire fence! I loved it. But would it fit? Of course, I'd forgotten to measure my space. I decided to take the chance knowing I could use it somewhere. Once home, I quickly measured both the spot and the fencing piece. Whew! It was a perfect fit.

When I was ready to make my new jewelry holder, I took everything off the wall. And because I can't do things part way, I cleaned off the dresser and nightstand as well. It made a big mess. LOL.

To hang the fencing, all I used was a couple of screws to screw it to the wall. I wanted "S" hooks for the necklaces but couldn't find any small enough. I ended up buying some colorful paperclips, unbending them to form an "S". Perfect! I started hanging the necklaces.
The dresser and nightstand were neatly rearranged. 
I even had a space for my hat at the bottom of the wire holder! A small stool holds a couple of bags next to the nightstand and one basket under the nightstand holds the extra pillows and blanket.
The earring holder was placed on the adjacent wall. 
I so happy with my new jewelry holder. I have easy access to my jewelry, it looks cool, plus the clutter is gone! 

I'll be back on Friday with a recap of Art Walk plus pictures of the studio. See you then!

Cecilia








1 comment:

  1. Love this so much. I am glad you could hold out in the heat a little longer to find this fence to make into your jewelry holder. Fabulous! Happy Friday. Have a great weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...