Thursday, March 8, 2018

Shelves For The Studio

Back in November when I visited Cecilia of My Thrift Store Addiction, we went to Comfort the last day I was there.

There at 8th Street Market, I found these cool metal grates that looked like they'd make the perfect shelves for the studio.

I bought 5 and brought them home where they've been waiting for the day they would become shelves.

Then this past weekend, Bruce made the shelf unit! I told him how I wanted them to look industrial and have adjustable shelves and he took my ideas and made them reality.

They are even better than I imagined!

He took metal pipe to make the legs and then used "U" bracket thingys to hold them on. (Yep that's a technical name for them).

They screw tightly on but can be loosened so I can adjust the shelves to whatever height I need.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the best! He can take my ideas and make them happen. What a blessing!

Anyway, with the shelf unit done, the studio is pretty much ready for me to move my art stuff into it. I just have to decide what I need to keep at the city house and what can come on up to the studio.

I'll leave you with images of the last two paintings I finished. It's going to be wonderful to start painting in the studio where I don't have to struggle with bad lighting.

Early Spring On The Pond - oil on canvas 16 x 20

The Dogwood Express - oil on canvas 16 x 20



11 comments:

  1. The paintings are beautiful and the shelves are amazing! Tell hubby he’s awesome. I’m for sure showing my hubby! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I love them...they will be perfect for my art and decorating books. Yes, he's pretty awesome! A definite keeper! ;)

      Delete
  2. oh, I just love the train ! Those shelves are awesome; Bruce did a great job! But with weight on the shelves, won't they slide down the pipe? Scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce is awesome. He did a great job. I know once you get everything settled in your studio your creative soul will soar. Your paintings are just beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Bruce! great job on the shelf. Oh my GOSH !!! those painting are beautiful. Love both of them, but that train is amazing.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented, Cecilia! Your artwork is stunning and so beautifully done! I'm surprised you haven't moved into your lovely studio already! So many great features, including Bruce's shelves. Who could resist not being in a place like this before you are actually finished?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE these shelves! He is awesome bringing your visions to life!Lucky girl you are:) Your paintings are beautiful. xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen! He's pretty wonderful! And I am very lucky he's willing to bring my visions to life!

      Delete
  7. Your painting are glorious and stunning! I still have the garden gate that you gave me. (thank you once again) Your hubby is so creative and handy. You two make an awesome pair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is just oodles of talent in your family. I LOVE those shelves. The train painting touched my heart. I was missing my grandfather today and saw this. He was a real lover of trains.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...