Thursday, April 5, 2018

"JOY" - Things That Bring Me Joy

joy:
noun
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation

One of my favorite things to do at the farm is to watch the world wake up early in the morning.

The moon setting right before the sun comes up

The sun peeking over the trees

Sitting on the back porch with a cup of coffee listening to the birds start to sing - all bring me joy.

My artwork brings me joy as well. The whole process of mixing colors,

putting brush to canvas, creating a beautiful picture - all a wonderful joy-filled time spent with the Lord.

Having a talented artist recognize my talent and encourage me is joy-filling. David Tripp is a very talented watercolorist and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. It's through him my paintings are showing in a wonderful gallery - The Redlands Gallery in Palestine, TX. You can click on both names to read more about them. So yes, this has brought much joy into this artist's heart.

Spring is a time of renewal and that always brings joy to a Winter-weary heart. The wildflowers are bursting into bloom, flowerbeds awakening, and baby animals frolic in pen and pasture.


Old house in Palestine with Azaleas and Wisteria
My family, my pets, my friends....

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. 😊

My hope is I capture joy in my paintings. To paint scenes and things that bring joy to your heart and mind.
"Texas Spring" 8x8 oil 
Because there is so much to find JOY in.

Speaking of things that bring me joy, I'll be sharing the final reveal of the art studio on Monday.





7 comments:

  1. it's the little things, right ? A new rose is blooming. The purple martins have laid their eggs. An inch worm hanging from his silken thread. Yup, I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful joy here in everything you posted. Love that little lamb. How adorable. I cannot wait to see your artist studio all done. I know it is going to be fabulous. Have a great rest of the week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a JOY filled post! SO many of the things that bring you joy bring me joy as well. I have found that the older I get, the more joy I find in everything. I guess it's just life slowing down a bit and giving us the time to recognize all the little joys we are blessed with each day. Love the baby animals...so adorable. And...congrats on having your work displayed in a gallery! That;s awesome! I can't wait to see the studio reveal. Have a blessed Friday and weekend.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m thrilled to learn your art is being shown in a gallery! You’ve earned it!

    The baby animals (and you) are beyond adorable ❤️

    Enjoy your weekend at the farm!

    P.S. I commented before but looks like google doesn’t like me so I changed sign in credentials. Hopefully this will work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love all of those things! My joy in painting is brush to wall or furniture but it’s the same joy 🙂 Love the lamb! Coffee on the porch is probably my favorite... it really is the simple things in life oh and a hot shower is at the top of my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You truly do capture happiness in your paintings. I love that shot of you with the goat. Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...