Tuesday, May 1, 2012

fun projects


I've been working on fun projects for the farm. They are living in my other house until I get back up to there. I'm just waiting to get to the actual point of adding these little details once all the major painting is done. Anyway, a friend gave me an old brass lamp:



I spray painted it bronze and covered the shade in, you guessed it! burlap. I added a bead fringe and wrote favorite sayings about family, friends, and nature on the shade. I think it turned out nice. What do you think?

Lit up makes the crystals sparkle. 



Next up was the miniature wire gate (it's about 14" high) that I made a little sign for. It is a board covered in yep, burlap, which I stenciled with the letter "B". I intend to put some vines on it and hang it on the front door.
Here it is with vines and berries added: 


Lastly an "EAT" sign inspired by Amanda at  http://craftsbyamanda.com/2010/11/distressed-eat-sign.html.  Here's my version:
Old fence pickets, large letters from Hobby Lobby, and fork and spoon from GoodWill.
Not sure I like the "T" in green...I think I'm going to darken it. Overall though, I like the rustic look of it. I might add a "Drink" sign to hang below it.

Darkened "T" - shows up better; it still has green showing through though. This is not the best picture but it gives you the idea:
I am also covering some pillows with burlap sacks I found in Canton.

Can't really tell but there's a moose with the word "Maine" underneath it.
Chose this because it reminded me of our New England trip.


That's it for now. My mind is busy imagining other projects for the house. I'll show them off as I create them. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Love it all!! Especially love the lamp. Scott's Mom would be so proud! Both because it was orignally hers and because she's a crafty artist just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it Susan! It was fun to redo. Thanks for passing it along to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...