Thursday, May 10, 2012

Found Treasures

My twin sis and I went to Canton last weekend. It was her first time to go. We had a blast! She and my brother-in-law came up to the farm to see it and since we're only an hour away, she and I decided to check Canton out. We both found some things we were looking for - I actually found some things on my wish list for the farm. Can't wait to fix them up and place them in their spots.

Rustic, Shaker-style bench:
love this bench! So rustic.
Ice cream parlor chairs. Need to make these a seat, then I will put them on the front porch with a small table:

Got 2 of these
Thanks to my friend Mira, we now have a couch and chair in the living room. I painted the trim after I took this picture - ha.  I love how it looks with the paneling painted. What a difference it makes in the whole feel of the room. I'll be hanging curtains the next time I'm there. Oh, check out the hay fork leaning on the wall - another Canton treasure. I think I'm going to hang it on the wall behind the sofa. It's starting to feel quite homey.

Furniture in the living room -yay!
I also found a wind chime made from spoons and other castoffs. It's quite cute but I forgot to take a picture of it. It's hanging on the back porch. I enjoy shopping in Canton - if you want to go, I'll go with you! Just let me know and you can come stay with me at the farm. :o)

On another note, I took some updated pics of outside. I really need to work on the flowerbeds but I'm watching to see what is growing and blooming. Here are some shots of the front:

view from the front porch

Front of the house with huge gardenia bush on the right

view from the driveway
One of my other sisters took me to a furniture resale shop in Taylor and I found a farmhouse table! Hurray! I am going to get Bruce to make a bench to place against the wall then find chairs for the other sides. I need to take a picture of it. That means thhe dining room is next on the makeover list. Here's a before shot:

dining room
yikes, more paneling! Break out the paint! Can't you just see my "EAT" sign hanging on that wall? Can't wait to get started.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll come back and check out the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...