Saturday, January 1, 2022

On The Artist's Doorstep #5: New Year Musings

 "Winter reminds us that everyone and everything needs some quiet time." -Katrina Mayer

Last year's surprise snow

This past Fall was a busy season for me - between Art Walks, commissions, painting ornaments and holidays I feel wrung dry of creativity. I find myself craving quiet time, time to sit in front of a fire (if only it would get cold enough here in Texas!), time to gather some inspiration, time to rest. 

commissions and ornaments


With warmer than normal temperatures, it has been hard to just relax. I need the cold weather so I want to snuggle in, read, and dream about this new year. I know I need the time to rejuvenate and find inspiration. To that end, I've decided to take up the challenge, David Tripp (click on his name to see his art - his watercolors are beautiful), friend and owner of the Gallery at the Redlands, gave - to do a sketch a day for the whole year. It will motivate me to draw. Furthermore, I received a new sketchbook for Christmas so I am set to go! I spent the afternoon in the studio creating my first sketch.

First sketch of the year


And thankfully the weather is cooperating - this evening temperatures are supposed to drop dramatically - bringing us highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. The fireplace is ready and I am too! 


4 comments:

  1. It has been fun following along on your art journey this past year. You are so talented and it has been a fun journey for me to follow.
    God bless you and I am wishing for a happy, healthy 2022 for you and your family. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. It's been quite the journey and it still has so much more for me to discover. I need the time to explore some new ideas not to mention get the studio back in order. Lol. A very healthy and Happy New Year to you and your family too. Hugs, Cecilia

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year sweet friend. We had about 6 inches of snow and the temps are dropping here in Illinois. That nice mild weather is now leaving and the real winter settling in for us. I will be settling in for a long winter here. Have a great start to the new year and week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, Kris! I'm glad we don't have snow - cold weather isn't my favorite although I do like it occasionally. Enjoying a warm fire this morning as we dipped down into the 20's. At least, its feeling seasonal now. Our hot summers always have me craving a bit of cool weather. Or maybe it's just the lower humidity. Anyway, we will have a warmup later in the week then cold again. Just how I like it! Stay warm! Hugs, Cecilia

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...