Monday, November 7, 2016

55 - Oh My!


This past Spring during my nephew's wedding reception, I told my twin sister we needed to start planning a birthday trip for our 55th birthday...next year. I wanted to go to Disney World. We had a year to plan and save for the trip.

She kindly informed me we turned 55 this November, not next. Wait!! What?!? Oh darn. I was still back in 2015. I hadn't made it to 2016 yet. So no Disney but we did go to Canton First Monday Trade Days. It's as fun if not funner (that's a word, right?). I love shopping the flea market area of Canton and so does Theresa.

We had a blast and found plenty of treasures. Theresa found the large flower pots she wanted - on sale even!!

I love transferware and this "Friendly Village" bowl had to come home with me:

Pyrex is another thing I've fallen in love with. I added these containers to my collection. I just love the green and white design!

I've been wanting an old typewriter. This one was just waiting for me to find it! I can't wait to put notes in it.

This small drop leaf table caught my eye right away. It is narrow enough for my entryway. Theresa bought it for my birthday present!

 Here it is from another angle:

 It opens up to a nice size by swinging out one of the legs on each side. Pretty cool, huh?

The first day we were in Canton, Theresa bought one of these percolators. We made coffee in it the next morning and I decided I needed one. Luckily after some searching on the second day, I found one in perfect condition! It might take awhile to brew the coffee but boy does it taste way better than the drip maker I have.

I was also on the hunt for something unique to use as a paper towel holder. I found it in the silver fondue burner base. It holds it up off the counter and looks great with my new counters!

Pretty leg detail:

Back at the farm, Bruce presented me with a large box and announced he'd gotten me something. What could it be? The metal trash can I asked for?

No! To say I squealed with delight is an understatement! I opened the box to see this:

 I saw this weathervane in Cape Cod this Summer in the garden we got to tour. How I loved it! Would it be possible to find one? Back home, I searched until I found it on the internet. It wasn't cheap but a girl can dream, can't she? On my wish list it went. And Friday, there it was! Thank you, Bruce!! I clapped and danced. :o)

Bruce put it up for me Saturday near the art studio!
 He makes me happy! Flying through the air, where I can easily see him! I'll have to name him.

Friday night, Theresa and I celebrated our Double Nickel with an extraordinary supper at Sabor A Pasion. (It was my gift to her) We even dressed alike for the occasion. (No, we don't normally). LOL.
Me and Theresa celebrating 55 birthdays!
Cheers to my wonderful twin sister, Theresa! Here's to the rest of how ever many we have. You know I'll go to Canton anytime you want. I'm so blessed by you. Love you bunches!

24 comments:

  1. Oh Cecilia! What a sweet post this was! Happy birthday to you and your twin sister! What fun it must be to have a twin...love how you spent the day together! You sure found some lovely treasures and oh my! How sweet of your husband to give you just what you wanted! Aww!
    Sending lots of love your way and more birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Cecilia! Many more wishes and blessings to you! Looks like you had quite the time with your twin sis and hubby! So much joy and fun all around! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special celebration. Glad you got to be together and have so much fun. Love your finds at Canton ... that table is lovely and so useful. I used to have one of those Corningware coffee pots and yes, they make good coffee. Hope you'll have many more happy birthdays together.
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Cecelia! Well it wasn't Disney, but looks like you had a fantastic birthday! Great treasures, & love the table your Sister bought you, and wow, the weather vane is just amazing. What a great gift and super surprise from your hubby. It looks rather regal, let us know what you name him (him?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a celebration you & Theresa had! I know how much you loved that weathervane, so happy Bruce got it for you! The typewriter is a beauty, as is the table and of course the Friendly Village! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and interesting post! Happy Birthday to two darling sisters.
    I agree your typewriter is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you and Theresa. What a lovely way to celebrate and you both got some nice treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two BEAUTIFUL Ladies!!! And your mom didn't give your rhyming names? I thought everybody did that years ago! lol Love your typewriter and that table was a real find, too.
    I used one of those Corning ware coffee pots for years and years. Nothing like it -hmmm...now I want one of those again. lol
    Happy Birthday- even if you are a year older than you thought you were. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to spend your birthday. I love Canton and boy did you discover some great finds. That table is awesome and how neat to spend the day with your twin. Happy Birthday!

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole. Isn't it a cool table? It fits the spot perfectly too!
      :-)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Canton is right around the corner from me but I never find neat things like you did. The "paper towel holder" is charming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you located, Ann? I find the best stuff out in the outside areas. You just have to really look! I thought the "paper towel holder" was perfect too! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  12. Happy 55 to you and your twin sister! Sounds like you two had a wonderful birthday outing together. Love the fondue burner base as a paper towel holder. Your hubby did a great job on your birthday gift, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes! We had lots of fun. I think the burner is perfect too! And my husband is the best! :-)

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday to you and your lovely sister ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy moly! You got some amazing treasures Cecilia! Love that typewriter, and the table is a great find too. I know what you mean about percolators, although I don't have one my mother had the same one you've shown and yes, coffee does taste richer somehow.

    That's a riot you thought you were turning 55 next year! Happy birthday to you and your lovely sister!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is too funny. It looks like you had a great time and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Cecilia! I don't think I knew you were a twin.... so was my mom. Although they were not close like you and your sis. Are you a dragon collector ? I love this weather vane! I have a friend who is in love with dragons and this is a great gift! Although she loves flamingos too and they are easier to find. Usually. I know your special day was great. Blessings for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday to you and your sister! Sounds like you had an awesome time...more fun than Disney! It's so crowded! Love all your finds...especially the typewriter. I love your gift from Bruce....so whimsical! Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Cecilia. Oh my gosh you found some great treasures. Love the paper towel holder I need one of those. Now I am on the hunt!!!! The percolator brings back memories of my grandmother making coffee in the mornings. So fun. The drop leaf table is gorgeous. Love her legs too. Wow you really scored with your trip.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found your blog while searching for a vendor who sells weathervanes at Canton First Monday this weekend. After reading your post, though, I see that you didn't get yours there after all. Can you tell me where you got yours?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just googled Dragon weather vanes. Several popped up so I just looked until I found the one I wanted. I don't remember the manufacturer. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...