Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Wood Signs For Back Porch

Now that I have the porch all refreshed, I wanted to add some wooden signs to it. Of course, I have my arrow pointing to it, declaring it to be a "Happy Place".

This one was easy to make. I started off with an old fence board cut to the length I wanted, then cut a point and "feathers" for it, glued it together, then when dry, painted it.

For the post, I used an old spindle a friend gave me. It's just been sitting in my wood stash waiting for the perfect use for it.

Next I made a "Welcome" sign. I had my "EAT" sign from the dining room I was no longer using. I took the letters off,

repainted it red, and painted my words freehand. I like how it turned out. Perfectly imperfect!



Next up, I made a "porch sayings" sign. I nailed several old pickets together, painted the background with a Sun motif then again free-handed my words.

Just need to hang it up next visit and it will almost be time for a party. Well, as soon as I finish the drink station. Just a few more tweaks and I'll be ready to share!

15 comments:

  1. They all turned out great Cecilia! My favorite is the last one with the sun...it is just beautiful! The colors you used on all of them is perfect with your pillows. A happy place indeed! Can't wait to see the drink station. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky! The sun one is my favorite too, but I obviously can't paint a straight line...noticed my words slant. Oh well - character, right? Happy Wednesday to you too, my friend.

      Delete
  2. What great fun! I love them all-but that last one is my favorite, I think.they are all pretty darned cool though. Have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! Have a wonderful week too. Hope you are well.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. You're so talented Cecilia, and your porch is such a 'Happy Place' now. I can just picture you there soaking in all the serene surroundings.

    A drink station is such a great idea too! Have fun creating it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, Doreen! Mostly done, just need to do finishing touches.

      Delete
  4. Cecilia! Love the signs! I've been saving pieces of boards to do the same, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. The last signs I painted were for a garden friend, but I need some to sprinkle around the porch and yard. Always good inspiration coming from you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! You need to make yours. What are you thinking of putting on them?

      Delete
    2. There's always been one saying that I've wanted to put on a sign:

      Who plants a seed
      Beneath the sod
      Then waits to see
      Believes in God.

      many others I want to make, including a very simple "Welcome to our porch." I've got others on my pinterest page.

      Delete
  5. Just love our porch signs Cecilia...but must say I so love the "Happy Place" sign...people need to know where to go to find their Happy Place...and you show them the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) yes indeed. Or at least the way to my happy place, lol. Thanks, Shirley. They were fun to create!

      Delete
  6. Oh those are just fantastic - I want the Happy Place one !!!
    Great job girlfriend !
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzan! You could easily make one-seriously. I used bits and pieces I had laying around. :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Cute, cute, cute, Cecilia! Love each and every one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...