Saturday, February 7, 2015

Master Bedroom Makeover Planning

When I was painting all the rooms at the farm, the one room I didn't touch was the Master Bedroom. It was the one room that looked like it had a fairly fresh coat of paint and wasn't awful. So I left it alone.
Master Bedroom currently

But now that I've lived with it for 3 years, I'm ready to refresh the look of the room. Here's my plan:


1. To start with, I want to repaint the door headboard off-white and add tin ceiling tiles to it, along with a ledge on top similar to this one:

source

2. Someday I want to add bookcases around the window and put my bench in between.

source

bookcases like these perhaps? source

My pew bench under the window? (see the redo here)
3. I am in love with this rug from Ballard Design. It would be nice to have something to walk on besides the tile. It is cold in the winter!
Source
I like this silver color. I think it will go with the bedspread I have and the other colors in the room.

4. I am planning on painting the walls in Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter. I have a long weekend coming up so I'm hoping this step will be done by the end of it.
I love this color! It is a nice warm grey. I think it will be very soothing.

5. Last but not least, I want a sliding barn door to replace the closet door. It will take up much less space than the door now, not to mention it is perfect for a farmhouse.

If I'm really lucky, I'll be able to talk Bruce into doing this next weekend too.

Hopefully I will get the the headboard repainted and embellished, the walls painted, and fingers crossed, the barn door to replace the closet door, all done next weekend. I hope the weather will cooperate!

If I can get those items crossed off my list, then I will check to see what size of rug I need and either try to find one similar or order the Ballard Design one. The bookshelves will have to wait but at least I have the idea there.

I'll be sure to share my progress with you. Have a wonderful weekend.
:o)
Cecilia

Linking up here:
The Dedicated House Make It Pretty Monday

14 comments:

  1. You have some wonderful plans in place there, Cecilia. Hope you can get it done quickly so you can enjoy it. I LOVE that paint color...and the idea for the headboard, too. Can't wait to see some afters. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I know some of the steps won't happen right away but the painting and headboard will happen this weekend. Even if I gave to bribe my sister to help me ( she's coming up). Lol. I've warned her. :)

      Delete
  2. I love all your ideas, but that barn door and tin on the headboard are outstanding! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your plans...especially that headboard! It is fantastic! I am in the process of updating my master bedroom as well. It is the last room on the list to remodel, but I am tweaking a little in there. We plan to put a barn door in ours as well. My closet door and bathroom door are on the same wall and only a couple feet apart, so we plan to use one door and just slide it to the bathroom side when we need to. I can't wait to see your reveal! Have a lovely Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my headboard will turn out! I will just have to play with the old ceiling tiles to see how they will fit. Hope I can make it look right! I haven't pitched the idea of the barn door to Bruce yet; hope he says yes! Ooo! Great minds think alike...can't wait to see yours too. :) have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. Oh Cecilia! These are all fabulous! Seriously, I'm in love with every single idea, I can't pick a favorite. Since you're doing the headboard soon, may I suggest making the shelf on the top deep enough to be somewhat functional? Maybe you could even put a small lip in the front, then you could put some of your beautiful paintings on it without nailing anything to the wall. You could even use it for stuff that's not decorative temporarily, like maybe a book you're reading in bed, or a bottle of water. It does look like you have a nightstand though, so maybe not.

    Anyway, good luck with the projects this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doreen! Hm, I was going to make it big enough for votives...I do have night stands though so we'll see. I like your idea though. :)
      I really hope I can accomplish a good deal. Just found out my sister wants to come visit. I might put her to work! Lol.

      Delete
  5. This is going to be fabulous Cecilia !
    You know how much I love built ins - wish you'd start on that first so I can get an idea of how to make ours LOL !!!
    Can't wait to see this finished - gorgeous ideas !
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzan! Got the painting done this past weekend! Sadly, the built ins will have to be down the road. Oh well. Now you can do yours and show ME how it's done! Lol.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful inspiration! I'm painting my bedroom gray as well. Such a calm color to me. Love the idea of built ins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry! What color are you using? There are so many pretty colors of grey (who knew?)

      Delete
  7. Cecilia, I love all of your ideas & can't wait to follow your progress! I painted my dining & living rooms gray a little over a year ago and have really enjoyed the color! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cecilia. I was a little slow to warm up to grey....I kept thinking institutional but there are several that are warm and beautiful. Got the room painted this past weekend. It looks great!
      Hugs back

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...