First up are our new stockings. The burlap ones are at the farm where they belong so I needed some for the city house. I had some slightly sparkly material in off white and apple green - just enough for two stockings of each color. After sewing them up, I decided they needed something more. hm...
After much searching, I found some dinner napkins with a red embroidered snowflake. Perfect. They got cut to size and sewn on. Lastly, I added a glittered initial.
At the same sale, I found some kitchen towels with the sweetest bicycle design. I grabbed two along with two plaid dinner napkins and tada! New pillow covers!
Paired with a red velvet pillow, they are so cute.
I'm also finishing up some wood ornaments:
One for my MIL (I make her one every year)
One for an ornament exchange - the theme this year was stars
One for a friend who recently lost her dad. He collected owls so I made her this one
One for Vicky over at Life on Willie Mae Lane as a thank you for hosting her Annual Ornament Exchange (read about it here). I'm late sending it to her - it's on its way, Vicky!
And one for a sweet friend from church who's moving away:
I also painted this cute painting. "Making Friends" acrylic 8x10"
I still have a couple of things to finish
|Need to paint this - got it in Canton|
|I was very excited to find this online...I've already spray-painted it silver |
and need to add snow to the branches plus lights
not to mention a sign to paint and wrapping the other reindeer, etc. but I need to make cookies and other baking so for now I'm done.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mess to clean up!