Saturday, December 19, 2015

Childhood Christmas Books

Shall we grab a cup of tea or hot chocolate? Let's wrap up in a cozy blanket and then we'll read some of my vintage Christmas books. How about a peppermint stick for the tea (or hot chocolate):

 mmmm. Ok, you ready?
Let's begin. We'll start with these two:
 We'll read about the littlest Christmas tree and how sad he was to be left behind
 Then see how he was finally chosen and placed on a boat and how happy he was:
Then we'll read about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and his nose that glowed and how the other reindeer made fun of him
 And how finally on a very foggy night, Santa asked him to guide his sleigh.
Then we'll read about a mouse (because what is a Christmas story without a mouse?)
 How this mouse without a name was lonely but on Christmas Eve decided to leave Santa a gift.
 And how Santa woke him up to thank him and give him, not only a name, but a mouse-sized Santa suit and the job of being Santa's helper:
Then we'll read this classic:
 About no creatures stirring,
 Eight tiny reindeer and sleigh and Santa Claus,
 And wish everyone a "Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night".
And then finally read the story about the greatest present ever given:
These stories are brought to you curtesy of my childhood. "The Night Before Christmas" was a family tradition on Christmas Eve when I was growing up.
Can you see the price on it? 29 cents!

How I loved reading my Christmas books each year. Did you have a special book?

This will be my last post of the year. I hope you each have a blessed and wonderful Christmas and New Year! I'll see you next year!

Linking up here:
My Thrift Store Addiction Vintage Charm 10
Lilacs And Longhorns Share It One More Time Link Party 10
Create-share-inspire-link-party-10

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful you have kept these books through the years Cecilia, keeping the memories alive for you and yours. They're all such adorable stories for sure, but my perennial favorite has to be The Night Before Christmas. Now if only we could get the prices down to .29 again ;).

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great it is to have those books...I kept the book we used to read to our son on Christmas Eve and then passed it on to him to read to his daughter....Merry Christmas to you and your family Cecilia!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sweet family tradition!I was frantically searching for Santa Mouse. Heaved a big sigh of relief when I found it in a box up in the closet. Somehow I sweet talked my siblings into letting me have the Night Before Christmas book. Someday, I hope yo have grandchildren to read them to.
      Merry Christmas to you and your family, too, Shirley!

      Delete
  3. Love the Christmas books and the tradition of reading them at Christmas. Such great memories.
    Wishing you a blessed and happy Christmas.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet, Cecilia! I think the illustrations on Santa Mouse are my favorite! Thanks so much for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinning to our Features & Favorites board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love them all! Such precious treasures and I know you will enjoy reading them to your future grandchildren. I just love the ilustrations in vintage books. These are just awesome! Hope you are having a good start to Christmas week! Hugs to you my friend. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet books, Cecilia! I had the same version of the Night Before Christmas when I was growing up. I just sold a different copy of it last year via Etsy for $35.00! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cecilia,
    The graphics on those books is just amazing! They are ones that I have never seen before and loved having a little peek at them!
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember most of those books. Thanks for the nice memories and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...