and I painted all my dining room chairs. I had always meant to; they were all mismatched with nothing in common except they were cheap! Somehow, I never got around to it but all the different looks kept bugging me. Anyway, it was way past time to paint them!
|yellowish chair, rush-seat chair, golden oak chair|
I mixed up my recipe for chalky paint (2 Tbls sanded grout with all the lumps mashed out mixed with 2 Tbls water, then added to 1 cup of paint. Mix well) and started painting. This recipe covers well and goes a long way. Plus it's a good way to use up those sample cans or leftover paint!
Finished the bench then moved on to the yellow chair. Yay! No more dirty-looking, yellowish chair!
|Left the dings along the edges though|
Nice! Hm, they still needed something so I lightly dry brushed them with some white.
Then it was time to wax them. Wouldn't you know, I left my dark wax at the city house! Now what?!?
|Mixed wax with glazing medium|
|Notice the left side with wax - really softens the look|
Loving how they turned out. They look more cohesive now.
I took the two large burlap wrapped pillows and gave them new covers. I used the printed burlap on one side and a French-themed duck fabric for the other. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of them. Take my word for it, the fabric really goes well with the chairs' color. I'll show you next time - I promise!!
Hurray! One more thing checked off the list! Next up is the back porch refresh. Here's what I'm starting with:
I'll share that next week along with how my first two painting parties go. Super excited about them.
Until next time!
Partying here: The Dedicated House- Make It Pretty Monday