Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another Great Find!!

I wasn't going to go into another thrift store until my pile of projects had shrunk...honestly.

But yesterday, I was out and about with a friend shopping for a bridal shower. We needed a vase for the flowers...good grief they were expensive. We decided to wait to get one - we do have a week before we need it anyway.  Then I decided to stop on my way home and look at Good Will - there's always a ton of vases and some are really nice. Plus, I could also look for the book I need to finish off the series I'm reading.

Ok, I did find the perfect vase for $2.99 but I didn't find my book and that's when I should have just gone and paid for the vase but I didn't - I wandered the aisles. [ bad, bad me. ;o) ]

I ended up with 2 farm prints for my B Farm bedroom ( perfect for my decor! ) and then I saw this:



My heart started beating faster....could it be just what I was actually telling my friend earlier I wish had? Oh yes! It was!! It was even sturdy. I leaned over to see what price they had on it and I saw this:




Yep, that's $6.99! Score! Let me tell you, if Ross or Marshall's would of had one while I was there, I'd  have paid their price for it. But fortunately for me, those stores didn't have one and I did go to GW. And there she sat. Sturdy if a little worn.

This perfect chair will make the perfect desk chair in my bedroom. It needs a new cover but surely it won't be too hard to make a slipcover in a nice sturdy and washable fabric. I should be able to handle it. I'm going to paint the legs too, while I'm at it. Then Mr. B will have a desk chair and won't have to mess up my decor by pulling over a sitting area chair. Haha, can't have that now, can we?

I can't wait to get started on this chair. It's just what I had in mind. I'm still doing a happy dance. Love it when I find what I need at a good great price. This ranks right up there with my dumpster dive table. So stay tuned! This is one project I plan on doing right away. I'm really hoping to have it done next week.

I'm definitely not sorry I ended up at GW. Did you ever break your resolve not to go thrifting and have it turn out good?

Hugs,
Cecilia

Sharing at these fun parties!
French Country Cottage Feathered-Nest-Friday_14

10 comments:

  1. LOL- You and I are thinking along the same lines, Cecelia. I wasn't going to go but I ended up going today with my daughter. I'm telling my tale tomorrow. Looks like you did good! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that's too funny. I will be looking for your post so I know I'm not the only one who's caved. :D

      Delete
  2. Oh... I just love finds like this. Looking forward to how you transform your 6.99 treaasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Washing the fabric as I type!

      Delete
  3. I predict that's going to be one happy looking chair! It was meant to go home with you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still in my happy place for finding it! Thanks for stopping by.
      hugs,
      Cecilia

      Delete
  4. Your perfect chair was destined to reside at the B Farm! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan!....it will reside at the B city home for awhile. Covering it with the farm in mind though as it will eventually get there. And I can't wait to show it off - here's hoping sewing a slipcover won't be too hard! :)

      Delete
  5. So happy to meet my new follower! YaY! Sounds like we're birds of a feather...I love thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting me back! I do love thrifting - the thrill of the hunt and then the transformation! Can't wait to see what else you do!

      :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...