Saturday, January 19, 2013

We have new puppies!

Wow, the middle of January is already past...where has time gone? The days are full. My brother is slowly fading and it's hard to watch but so I'm so treasuring the days we have. He turns 60 on the 23rd. We are planning a small celebration and I'm sure he will have plenty of visitors.

On a happier note, 2 little fuzzies came to be a part of our family:

My new border collie puppies

They are brothers. Buddy is the black and white and Herbie is the chocolate and white. We've had them a week already and what a joy they are! They make me smile and laugh and when things are at their gloomiest, they snuggle in my lap and give my face puppy kisses. Yes, they get me up early. Yes, they keep me on my toes with house breaking but it's all worth it as they bound around the house and yard with their little happy puppy-selves:

playing under the chair-
Don't think they will fit under here much longer!

Herbie loves to climb in your lap and snuggle...should be fun when he weighs 40 lbs. haha!

Herbie!

Buddy loves to lick your face and lay beside you as he plays with his toys.

Buddy!

They both love their puppy cookies I made them and are already sitting on command. Smart puppies!

The cats haven't decided to trust them...they still run and hide when the pups come inside. I think as the puppies calm down, the cats will get over their hissy fits. :-) We'll see; it is rather intense having 2 wiggly pups come at them at once.

We haven't had the chance to take them to the farm but I bet they will love it! Lots of room to run and play. I will have to take lots of pictures of their first visit.

I hope your New Year is off to a good start. I did manage to organize the pantry but everything else is on hold as the puppies adjust to their new home. My art area is in desperate need of straightening but it will have to wait...I have puppies ready to play!

Have a blessed day!
Cecilia

4 comments:

  1. Cecilia, your puppies are adorable! What a joy they must be! So sorry for the difficult time your family is going through right now. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you and your siblings. I will be praying for peace and comfort for your family.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your bother. I hope his birthday brings him a little joy. On another note, I am so JEALOUS over your puppies! They are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I think he is looking forward to all the visits he will be getting tomorrow. And the pups are adorable and bratty. lol. They are so much fun!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...