Thursday, January 3, 2013

I apologize for not posting anything in awhile...life has gotten a tad overwhelming. My oldest brother is very ill - he has terminal liver cancer and my siblings and I are having to help take care of him. It is progressing very quickly too. It is heartbreaking.

Brother Tony at my birthday celebration


On top of that, I lost my sweet border collie in November. She was too young, only 3 - she had a very bad seizure that caused a stroke. She was such a part of my everyday life and has left a huge hole. 

My beautiful Lucy


Lucy playing with a flower pot


But there is some good news in all this sadness - I'm getting two border collie puppies very, very soon. They won't replace Lucy but I'm sure they will be just as wonderful as she was. Border collies are just so personable.
Anyway, they turn 6 weeks old next week. They are just adorable as can be. I am looking forward to my little buddies coming home and to the antics and joy they will bring to my life. I know they will be a wonderful bright spot in this hard and difficult time.

So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, I just want you to know I haven't run out of things to say or show you about the farm - I am just very occupied with my brother's care. Please keep him and the family in your prayers. We desperately need them. 

Much love to you all,
Cecilia

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cecilia - I am so heartbroken reading this post - sending prayers and many peace filled thoughts your way -
    Holding your hand from across the miles,
    Love,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So appreciate the prayers and hand holding!

      Delete
  2. I'm so so sorry to hear about your brother and poor Lucy - blogging should be the least of your worries. My prayers are with you and your family and ill look forward to hearing more about your farm and new puppies when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. We need each and every one.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and your furry companion Lucy. My heart goes out to you and your family. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Tuula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tuula. I appreciate the prayers. We are hanging in there!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...