Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Turning A Metal Birdhouse Into A Lamp

Today, I have a quick project to share with you. I've been wanting a different lamp in the bathroom for awhile. I've been using this little one and while it was ok, it wasn't the look I wanted. Plus it was a little wonky.


On our Canton visit, I found this metal birdhouse. It reminded me of the mirror frame, towel holder, etc in the bathroom with their scrolls. I thought it just might work to be turned into a lamp.

Bruce helped to figure out what was needed.

A threaded rod piece added to the bottom:

A board the right size for a base:

And a lamp kit and a long threaded rod to go behind the birdhouse for the light:

Next we figured out where everything would go. Bruce drilled holes and put the pieces in place.


Once that was all figured out, I took it back apart so I could paint the base. I also painted the metal tube that fit over the threaded rod in back. Once the paint was dry, Bruce put it all back together.  

Here it is all finished! I'm just using the old lampshade for now.

It looks cute sitting on the shelf unit. 

And it goes with the other metal pieces in the bathroom. 



All I need now is a different lampshade. It will be fun looking for the perfect one. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing the process of turning the metal birdhouse into a lamp. I won't have an "On The Artist Doorstep" for you this week. I'm taking some time off to visit my twin sister and then we have a wedding to go to this weekend. 

Have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!

Cecilia

 

1 comment:

  1. Cecilia the lamp is just adorable. What a great transformation. Have a great week and wonderful holiday weekend. Finally cooling down here and I hope that for you in Texas too. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...