Thursday, October 16, 2014

October Canton Finds

I went to Canton with some friends the first weekend in October. We left the husbands at the farm. 

This guy's trailer always cracks me up. It's quite the tower of stuff. I asked him what he would do if I wanted something way down on the bottom of that trailer. He said someone offered him $100 once to  
get something. So I guess for a price, he'll dig it out. :o)

I found some fun things elsewhere.

Mrs. Yellow Chicken...she was a bargain and cute to boot!


Rooster place card holders:

I intend to make tags with single letters and spell out words using these guys:

Lovely rusty tin ceiling tiles...I have a couple of different ideas for these but it will be awhile before I get to them:

A metal whirly:
 It's double sided:
 and brightly painted:
 I was really excited to find it for $60 as most cost over $150. It was my most expensive purchase.

This wonderful metal basket:
It's pretty big...I can see it holding a large pot of flowers in the future.

2 red glass teacups - they will be used on a upcoming project.

This pretty bracelet:

and these three pins to dress up my scarves this winter. I love all three but oh! that circus pony!

The weather was perfect for a day of shopping and shop we did! Afterwards, we all went to dinner at the vineyard next door to our farm. It was so good - Simon outdid himself. He made us the most heavenly meal. Yum. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. Oh well, we were too busy stuffing ourselves! LOL.

It was a perfect weekend with fun shopping and time spent with wonderful friends. Looking forward to the next friend coming to visit!




8 comments:

  1. Really great finds. And you are right - those outdoor metal whirly things are typically quite expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, girl! Next time you have to go! I missed you this trip!

      Delete
  2. Great finds....I especially love the "whirly"...I have seen some elaborate ones in Sedona and they were thousands of dollars....you got a great one and a great deal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the big, elaborate ones are extremely expensive! I've wanted one for awhile but hundreds of dollars just wasn't in my budget. I'm thrilled with this one. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. that "pile O junk" looks interesting. I'm so obsessed with Canton and Laurie Anna's. I need to go back the end of the month just to see what's new. Love your little chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, me too! I love going to Canton. The little roosters actually came from Laurie Anna's. That store is amazing! Sadly, I will miss the next Canton Days. Hope you have fun!

      Delete
  4. Cecilia, I have never made the trip to Canton but have been wanting to...LOVE your roosters & ceiling tiles! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go! :-) you'd love it, Cecilia. All sorts of bargains to be found!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...