Saturday, March 15, 2014

Art Finished

I finished up the 2nd RV sign and got it delivered. They loved it! These were such fun to do.


Plus, I've been busy finishing up a painting a friend commissioned me to do. It is of her daddy's cabin that he built. He passed away last year and she wanted the painting to remember him by. We agreed it would be the next one I did as I was working on finishing another one at the time.

What's really sweet, her husband then contacted me and asked me to paint it as a surprise for her.  I started it, however I told her I hadn't started it yet because I was behind. For the next 8 weeks, I kept telling her I would start it soon. 

Then last weekend, I had them over for supper and presented her with the finished painting. She burst into tears! It means so much to her and she loves it. On Monday, she texted me to let me know she had it at the framers. I'm so glad she loves it!

Sorry about the picture quality. I couldn't get a good edit of it for some reason. Anyway, here is "Her Daddy's Cabin":


Hope you are having a fantastic weekend. We are having very Spring-like weather around here.
Hugs,
Cecilia

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, special surprise for her. That is a wonderful painting and I bet she will treasure it for her life. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I feel so blessed to be able to give her such a special reminder of her Dad.

      Cecilia

      Delete
  2. It's lovely, Cecilia....and a precious treasure for your friend. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. She is thrilled and I am glad to have had a part in bringing her joy. They are such wonderful friends!

      Delete
  3. Wow...how fabulous!!!...what a great thing to do for your friends....Such a wonderful creation of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I just love the little RV sign...too cute! And, the painting is beautiful. I'm sure it will bring happy memories to your friend every time she looks at it. Have a great week...:)
    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia, you've outdone yourself this time, and that's saying a lot! It's beautiful. Really, really beautiful. What a fabulous gift you have bestowed on your friend. So special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Doreen, that's so sweet of you to say so. I love using my art to bless others. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...