Monday, April 7, 2014

End Table Redo

When I was looking for inexpensive furniture to furnish the farmhouse, I found the perfect sized end table  for the living room at a garage sale. She was a little rough as someone had started to strip the paint then left it all bubbled up to dry. Yuck, she was a mess.


In her youth, her legs had pink in the grooves...how do I know? That half-way stripped paint job left the color exposed.



I loved her size and shape though, so she came home with me. First of all, I had to decide whether or not to finish stripping the paint. I really didn't want to get into that mess so I attempted sanding the raised, bubbled areas of paint. hmm, I think I like the texture it makes...





Next, was deciding how much to paint her. Cover completely? Let's just say I was in a hurry to have an end table so chose to cover the pink and grungy white with a quick, light coat of fresh white.


Didn't love it but there was so much else to do in the house that I let her be.



Almost two years passed by and shall we say it just wasn't working for her (or me) anymore? She was lost against the white wall and her shelf with the texture just looked tired. I knew it was time for a makeover!

I started with a good dusting and then two coats of ASCP in Chateau Grey. I seriously love this color as it is the perfect grey-green. I followed it all up with clear then dark wax. Isn't she lovely?



New jewelry of course!




Look how the texture from the previous strip job gives her so much character!


And her leg details are beautiful - no longer the ugly pink mess.


I am thinking of painting a graphic on the top...however, it may be two more years before that happens. LOL!

In the meantime, she looks and feels so much better - no longer lost and overlooked against the wall.

The perfect spot to hold our board games!

Here's to happy endings!

Cecilia

I'll be linking up at these parties!
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
diy showoff that-dig-party
Maria Elenas Decor Tuesdays-at-our-home
The Dedicated House Make It Pretty Monday

14 comments:

  1. I love the green.. I am so going to paint something in that green..SOON!! Great job. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great green! Thanks for stopping in.
      hugs,
      Cecilia

      Delete
  2. It's so pretty - and perfect for your space! I love the color and the darker wax finish - just the perfect touch for farmhouse style! Isn't it amazing how long it can take to get to a project? Oh well - this was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased with how it turned out...I had so much to do to the house that the furniture had to kind of wait its turn. LOL. And I guess it took me that long to know what I wanted to do to it. :)
      Thanks Karen!

      Delete
  3. I like the new color too Cecilia, and her imperfections are what make her more special I think! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vel. Imperfections are good unless they are really bad. ha. In this case, they add character! :)

      Delete
  4. The color is great and I love the vignette on top too! The glass knob is the perfect finishing touch...:) I am anxious to get some more projects completed....but mine might have to wait until summer. Have a blessed evening...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much fun with that chalkboard plate. I love changing out the message. Fortunately for me, that glass knob was sitting around waiting to be used!
      Yes, I'm fortunate to have the time to work on things during the day. Hope you get some time to work on yours!
      hugs,
      Cecilia

      Delete
  5. Green is always great! I love it. And I totally agree that she shines now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic Cecilia...I love Chateau Grey...glad I am not alone with "year long" projects!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I always seem to have a " how long have you had it?" project going on. Happy to hear I'm not the only one!

      Thanks Shirley ! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Hi Cecilia - I do love this transformation and I think it turned out beautifully! I love your table vignette, too. Thank you for your sweet visit - I am your newest follower :) xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen and welcome! I'm thrilled to have you here at The B Farm! Thank you for your nice comments.
      Hugs
      Cecilia

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...