Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Meeting Other Texas Bloggers and Misc. Happenings at the B Farm

Hello my friends! Is your summer starting off as busy as mine? Things have been rolling right along since the end of May.

We spent the week from Memorial Day weekend through the first weekend of June at the farm. The plan was for Bruce to cut the hay and bale it, but it rained the entire week. So much for that! However we did get some other things taken care of - like finding windows for the art studio -

On an afternoon with a break in the rain, we headed to Athens to a salvage place. We dug through lots of windows:
And found 2 large matching windows and loaded them up:
Here they are safely in the barn:
Those guys are heavy. It was probably quite comical watching me trying to help Bruce unload them...or nerve-wracking - I'm not sure which it was! I was afraid I'd drop my end and break them.

On another afternoon, we headed to Tyler to the countertop place and selected granite for the kitchen countertops:
Mayfair White
 Hopefully we can tackle that project the end of July but at least the granite is picked out! It's going to look amazing!

And on a very rainy Saturday, Bruce started framing up the walls in the art studio.

Bit by bit, it's happening! Tin Roof Studio is becoming a reality!! (And just wait until I share the cool logo my son came up with for me!)

The sun finally broke through the clouds Saturday evening. Gorgeous sunshine!


Bruce headed back to the city on Sunday but I stayed so that I could drive to the Texas Bloggers Art and Crafts Retreat on Tuesday in Rockwall. Oh my! What a fun day! I took along 5 mini paintings I did to give to the hostesses and speakers as a thank you.

Jemma from At Home With Jemma and Stacey from Poofing The Pillows hosted the event.
Jemma
 (I think Stacey was ducking the camera as somehow I didn't a picture of her. Next time I won't let her get away!)

They had everything decorated so pretty and Jemma's home is just beautiful.
One of the tables...love the turquoise

Judith's display of her craft project

We were treated to a talk from KariAnne of Thistlewood Farms. She gave each person charm packs from her fabric lines, "Sweet Tea" and "Simply Eclectic". If you're like me and don't have a clue what a charm pack is, you can go read about them here on KariAnne's blog. I can't wait to create something from them. They are so pretty!

After a wonderful lunch, we had Laura from Decor To Adore share how she used the charm packs to make a banner and cute magnets plus the sweetest sewing kit. If you'd like to see what it looks like, go here. We were then given the supplies to make our own banner and magnets along with a galvanized chalkboard.


Last, but definitely not least, Judith from Botanic Bleu, shared a beautiful craft using scrapbook paper, garden dictionary page, stamps, and paint. I didn't get to finish mine as we had run out of time but I will be finishing it up soon. I am updating the guest room at the farm and this will be perfect in there!

It was fun meeting other Texas bloggers and getting to know the women behind the blogs.

I snapped these pictures of Laura, KariAnne, and Jemma:

Then I got distracted and forgot to take more photos of the others. oops. Trust me when I say we had fun with the photo props. :o) Check out Jemma's post to see more pictures and get the tutorial for a great 4th of July wreath too.

Jemma has promised another retreat soon - possibly in February. I cannot wait and hope even more bloggers will be able to attend.

In closing, we were back at the farm Friday. This time Bruce did get the hay cut and it was drying nicely when more rain blew in Sunday afternoon. Needless to say, we'll be heading back up to finish the baling. Wish us sunny and hot days until we get done.

SaveSave

27 comments:

  1. Those windows are great! Can't wait to see your plans become reality.
    Your paintings are just beautiful. It's easy to see that the farm inspires you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eilis. I was really excited to find two that matched! And not broken. It's very exciting.

      Delete
  2. Cecilia, I'm so excited about your studio! Looks like y'all had a blast at the blogger retreat! Hope I can make the next one--like you, I cannot remember when I've been so busy! p.s. Ginger Grand will be here Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia!
    Did you feel the joy in me calling you by name.
    Your own art studio, a dream come true. Do you know how happy I am for you!
    I am thrilled to pieces!
    It is already wonderful and you are just beginning your exciting and talented journey.
    Thank you again so much for my special painting of the gate, I adore it and I have it displayed in my living room on one of the bookshelves!
    The retreat was wonderful and we will work be working together on the next one:)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I can't wait to see the art studio take shape! How exciting! That bloggers conference looks like fun!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia- your art studio is going to be wonderful!
    I plan to be at the next retreat in February no matter what!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Oh, I hope you can make it. I would love to meet you in person.

      Delete
  6. Cecilia, I'm am beyond excited for you! Having your own studio must be a dream come true!! So sorry it was raining almost the entire time you were at the farm. That stinks. You made the best of it though, or should I say Bruce did ;).

    Jemma knows how to throw a par-tee! Such a lovely home too. I can't stop looking at the chandy lol.

    xxx


    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cecilia! :)
    I so enjoyed catching up on what you've been up to...love the name for your art studio and love how it is all taking shape...what an amazing dream coming to life! So amazing!
    The photo of the wire fence with one of your dogs in the background is my favorite - just love that photo!
    All the paintings you did are so beautiful, love that red truck!
    So nice for you to all get together, what an amazing thing to connect with other bloggers that live close to you! Looks like ti was an amazing day! Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberely, it's been all I can do to find time to blog. Lots of fun family things happening and loads of stuff to get done. The retreat was so wonderful. I really enjoyed it. Eek! I'm just that excited about my art studio! It's going to be fantastic! Thanks for stopping in. It sounds like you've been busy too!

      Delete
  8. Hi Cecilia,
    I was unable to attend the craft retreat day, however I sure did enjoy your lovely account. Your photos are great and I loved you mini paintings. Your farm looks so peaceful, I don't think that you are that far away from me, we are at Cedar Creek close to Athens. Thanks for sharing the fun!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! We are close. How nice. I look forward to meeting you at the next retreat!

      Delete
  9. I'm so happy that your dream of an art studio is finally being realized. The windows are amazing and will bring so much light in to your work space. I can only imagine how excited you must be and I can't wait to see the finished product. Those mini paintings are just perfection! Thank you for sharing your fun retreat with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! We still need to find a door but the pieces are coming together. I look forward to many happy hours of creating in there. I hope you all are doing well.

      Delete
  10. Your own art studio - fantastic! I love those windows too, how exciting one day I hope to build a greenhouse from windows and a salvage yard would be a fun place to rummage. Enjoyed and it rained here too - so much that I haven't had to water the garden all week.

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, getting those windows there were the best thing ever. Even though we had to shift through broken ones, these were very reasonably priced. No way we could have bought them new. Our weather station showed we got lots more rain after we left. Hope the hay isn't ruined!

      Delete
  11. Aww, your farm is just wonderful. You could almost convince me to move to the country.

    Our day was so special and I can not wait to do it again. yes, I duck cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are as cute as can be. I'll get your picture next time.
      You can live in the city and visit the country, I'll let you. ;-) Us country girls have to have someplace to visit.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the progress with your studio at the farm. I love the windows, cute arch.

    The retreat looks like it was a ton of fun. I'll check out the other blog posts you referenced.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salvage place in Athens? Wow! I must visit it. Can you give me the name? It is a drive from Holly Lake Ranch but I'll go anywhere for salvage. Looks like the retreat was grand fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ann, I hope you get this. You are showing as s no reply blogger. It is Adams Building Salvage. (Or something like that). It is on Hwy 19 north of the loop in Athens. Lots of junk, some of it even good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Cecilia ... I am so excited for you that your studio is starting to shape up. Love the arched windows. Hope you find a nice "barn" door. Great place to be inspired to paint. Love the little paintings that you took to the retreat.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How great that you presented everyone with one of your beautiful paintings!....I loved seeing those familiar faces...such a great idea to get local bloggers together for a fun craft event...Nice to see Kari too....even though she lives in KY, I know she was a former Texan!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were fortunate to have KariAnne come - she is so much fun! I loved getting to meet the rest too. I hope someday I'll get to go to Haven and meet those outside of Texas. But our event was a blast and hopefully it will continue to grow.

      Delete
  17. You have been such a busy bee Cecilia! My gorgeous painting has been arranged as part of a vignette in the guest room. I would like to feature it. I asked on FB....is this ok?
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Laura, I don't mind one bit! I am wondering why you aren't getting my responses....I answered on fb too. I think I will send you a message just to be sure!

      Thank you. Hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...