Monday, December 11, 2017

When An Act of Kindness Is Repaid ( & More Holiday Decor)

I did a pet portrait of Cooper for Kris from Junk Chic Cottage (last year?). Saturday I got a surprise as a thank you from her. When I opened the box, I found these:
There was a sweet note and candy canes too!

Oh my goodness! Cuteness to the nth degree! She got a striped candy cane family to go with my candy cane theme at the city house 
Stripes and a hoodie! Too cute!

and a woodland family to go to the farm. 
I love their caps!

They are from Target and there are 12 different ones. Kris has the white ones (which are beyond cute the way she styled them. You can find them in this post). They have little metal tags with the year on one side and their name on the other. How cute is that?
They are searching for the perfect perch where they can spread happiness. They make me smile! I wasn't looking for something in return for Cooper's portrait, but my heart is full. Thank you, Kris!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Last week, I shared my cozy farmhouse tour. Today, I'd like to show you how I decorated the tree in the living room plus other bits and pieces around the house. Then I want to share a bit of the city house too.

The living room at the farm is small but cozy. We furnished it with 2nd hand furniture since it is not our full-time home yet. I do try to make it inviting although since the fireplace sits at an angle on the wall it makes arranging this room difficult. This is the best layout so far. Some day, I want bookshelves on the tv wall.

I found this cute pillow when I went to visit Cecilia of My Thrift Store Addiction. I instantly knew my cute elf would love sitting on it, claiming responsibility for all the Christmas decor I put out. 

My treasured Santa Mouse book from childhood sits on the side table along with the sweet mice I also found on that trip. I dressed them in Santa hats and scarves.



On the kitchen chalkboard wall, I hung my bottle brush wreath and wrote "Merry Christmas" around it. My coffee station sits below it. You can see how I made my cart in this post.

The dining room window got dressed in a new curtain. I was tired of the black and white curtain I made back when we first bought the farm. Red checked fabric is cheery and says farmhouse to me.

I added the cute ruffle to the bottom of it. I love that it matches the lamp shade on the coffee cart.

Lastly, for the tree in the living room, I made some oversized gingerbread ornaments from old fence pickets. They look so cute on the tree!

There's a church, signs, houses and a barn. They were easy and fun to make - just fence pickets and white paint with a ribbon strung through a hole.

Then moving onto the city house, I pulled out my large Subway art chalkboard I made. It sits above the mantel.

Treasured books from childhood along with a couple of Santas sit on top of the old radio. I painted the Toy Maker Santa many years ago. I have another one with more details I'm trying to finish. It is of Santa and his sleigh with Rudolph and elves. It's slow going but I hope to finish him before Christmas. Then I will add him too.

In the kitchen, I set out my gingerbread men collection. This one sits on the corner shelf above the sink. He has his gingerbread cookie cutter along with a chalkboard sign to remind you to enjoy this season with some yummy treats.

 Lastly, in the breakfast nook, I dressed up my large chalkboard with a garland from Bullseye's Playground and my canning jar lid tree, adding chalk details.

I hope you enjoyed this last bit of Christmas decorating.  I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Wonderful Holiday Season from all of us at The B Farm!



SaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift! Your home looks so warm and cozy for Christmas! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ALL, Cecilia!!! You have several of the same children's books that I do---or did have--last year I gifted some of them to the kids...and some to the grandkids, too. I love your 'gingerbread' cutouts. They are cute and the mice won't be nibbling on them either. lol

    Kris is just THE BEST, isn't she? I know how appreciative she was of that painting you sent her. That was a kind, sweet thing to do...and now it has been repaid. LOVE your birds- what a great gift. She always knows just the right thing to gift!

    Hope you have a great night and week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet friend. You are the best and I am so happy those birds now have a good home with you. They do just make me smile and chuckle a little bit. I am not a big bird person but these little creatures at Target grabbed my heart this year. Glad you will find sweet places in your decor for these little guys.
    I love my sweet portrait of Cooper and you really captured him. It will forever be a great reminder of what a sweet boy he was in our lives. Thank you again. Happy Holidays.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, our lives would be so boring without the kindness of others. What a sweet gift, SO cute those little penguins!! I'll have to make a trip to Target! (I have a cousin who collects them.) Love the outfits you gave the mouses! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! And Merry, Merry Christmas to you and the family, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So special ... love all your Christmas decorations. Fits perfectly in your home. Love your gift from Kris and love how she decorates her home. Love the picket fence gingerbread pieces too. The red check curtain really looks good. You are so talented.
    Hugs and Merry Christmas.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet friend you have to send you such a cute collection of Merry Christmas Birds! Your home is so festive and pretty!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable are those birds??! I just want to waltz right over there and snatch them when you're not looking ;).

    Your checked curtains are darling Cecelia. It's all lovely actually. You've done some really pretty things at both your farm and city house!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...