Thursday, October 12, 2017

Happily Ever After - Wedding At The B Farm


We dreamed big dreams for making the farm the perfect wedding spot and worked hard to make it come true.
The Ceremony Spot
On the day of the wedding the weather was perfect and the Spot dressed up

pathway to the Spot marked with streamers and with a table set up for the wildflower seeds

The tent pitched and tables set up all ready for the reception



The flowers all set in vases ready to be taken out to the tables - Megan did a great job making them!

Signs and balloons put out along the roads and also placed along the pathway to the Ceremony Spot and tent
The "Burma Shave" style sign was put out down the road right before the turn to our road...I don't have a picture of that unfortunately

The heart marks the "Happily Ever After Begins Here" sign

The chalkboard bistro sign - see what I used to make it in this post.

Games were set out, the fire pit made ready, and lights strung up to light up the yard.

It all came together with lots of help from friends and family - we couldn't have done it without them.

The ceremony was beautiful and special.
Her dad giving her a hug

Putting the ring on her finger

 They said "I do" and walked down the aisle to a rain of wildflower seeds

Pictures were taken
Megan's grandmother and great aunt

And everyone had a wonderful evening filled with love, laughter, and good food.


Gift table with a few of the presents they received

They had everyone take a photo for the guest book

Lots of mini desserts - yummy!

The party favors
Megan talking to her grandmother and one of her cousins 
Lots of friends and family
We gained a new son and we adore him.
Our hearts are full. It was a beautiful day filled with special memories.

Wishing them the best for their "Happily Ever After".
The new Mr. and Mrs.

And me? I didn't cry...well, maybe teared up a tiny bit. But I was prepared - thanks to my sister Christine for the beautiful hankie she made me.
A little wrinkled from being squished in my hand 😊


PS
Thank you to everyone who shared their pictures. (I chose not to carry around a camera. I wanted to soak in every minute.)

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Cecilia, to your beautiful daughter and awesome new son! May they enjoy a life together filled with joy, love and happiness! You did great - everything looks and sounds lovely! And I love the handmade hanky - I knew you would get one for "just in case" moments! Now you can just relax and revisit all of your wonderful memories of this very special union!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful wedding. Your daughter looks gorgeous and I think her gown is simply stunning in its simplicity...and it fits her beautifully. I love all the special touches-they truly make it a one-of-kind wedding- No cookie cutter wedding for your family!
    That cake topper is adorable, too...must be a story behind it, I bet.
    Thanks for sharing this special day with us. We were all rooting you on as you did all the work necessary to make this wedding happen on the farm. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I think I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, every detail is perfect! Congratulations to Megan & Dylan! Such a beautiful spot for a wedding and what a beautiful couple! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all just beautiful! It's so special that you had it on your own land and with the help of so many friends and family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cecilia this is awesome. How beautiful and so unique. This is how wedding should be. I think weddings now a days are so fufu and expensive and this is made from all your hearts and so unique and special. Relaxed and fun for everyone to really remember this special day. Everything looked so beautiful and the weather was so wonderful for her special day too. Wedding are about two lives joining and becoming one and families uniting. With all your friends and family helping put on this beautiful day made this even more special. Love love love this. Congrats. Now let's get you a grandbaby lol!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia it really was perfect! All the hard work came together (with weather cooperating!) for what looks like a smashing success! Your daughter looked absolutely beautiful (I love her dress) and the groom is quite dashing! I am SO glad it all worked out so well for you and your family:) Now you can rest! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen! It was an absolutely wonderful day! She does look quite beautiful, doesn't she? 😊 He's just as cute as can be! We love him and he fits in perfectly with our family! It was a little warm but really no complaints!

      Delete
  8. I've been anxiously awaiting some pics, and these did not disappoint. It looks like such a special and meaningful day for the entire family, and I'm so glad the weather held up.

    Megan and Dylan make a stunning couple and I wish them many years of happiness and joy!

    ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Cecilia ... congratulations to Megan and Dylan ... wishing them many happy years ahead. Megan looks so beautiful ... love her dress and the paper flowers she made. Pretty handsome son-in-law too. Each year when the wild flowers bloom, you will relive this wonderful event. That was a great idea. Hope someone got a picture of you and Megan together. Fantastic wedding and so well planned.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cecilia...I love it! It was perfect and beautiful. I love all the handmade elements you all used. So much more unique and personal that way. Megan's dress is simple and gorgeous....it looks like something my daughter would pick out. She was absolutely stunning and Dylan was looking very dapper! I know you enjoyed every moment. I hope you were able to get some rest in the days that followed. Hugs and Happy Sunday! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a special time for all of your family! Congratulations! The wedding looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful bride! I loved their Robin Hood cake topper. I'm whistling the tune right now. Your pumpkin diorama is darling too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So precious. I know you all have worked so hard to make this day a reality. Such beautiful memories and a beautiful day. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so excited for this wedding, and then somehow I missed it when it happened! Here I am today, going back over my fave blogs to see everything I missed in 2017, and I'm so glad I found this post. What a wonderful wedding, and your Megan is so beautiful and glowing with happiness. Every detail is so charming, personal, and unique. Bravo, and a belated congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...