Monday, August 21, 2017

The Day My Vanity Stumbled

The summer of 2015 was the summer of the bathroom remodel because I found this:

That amazing chippy white buffet was going to be my new vanity. You see, Bruce told me if I could find a dresser or other piece of furniture to turn into a vanity, we could start on the bathroom remodel.  He thought it would take me months, maybe even years to find the right piece.

Ha. He should know me better by now.

I searched junk stores and vintage stores and even checked out a couple of antique places. Nothing.

Then Canton First Market Days rolled around. And as I was walking, looking at all the wonderful stuff in the flea market area, I spied it.

A few minutes later it was mine and Bruce was on his way with the truck.

Before Bruce cut the hole for the sink, I had to get it ready. And that's where the vanity stumbled and almost fell.  You can read all about it here.

I was oh so close. But fortunately, the story has a happy ending and that stumbling vanity? Now it dances.


If you've ever had a project that stumbled, you know how disheartening it can be. Maybe you need encouragement. Maybe you need to know you're not alone and that even the most seemingly successful DIYer sometimes falls. If that's the case, you should read KariAnne's book So Close To Amazing.

You can pre-order the book before Sept. 4, 2017 and receive AMAZING pre-order bonuses. 

Plus, you can hop over to KariAnne's blog and join the linky party to share stories of your almost amazing DIY's.  

There's glory! There's laughter! But best of all, there's prizes! Head on over to Thistlewood Farms and read all about it. 

And in the end, let's encourage and cheer each other on. Because let's face it...we all need a little pick me up sometimes.



10 comments:

  1. That vanity is gorgeous Cecilia! I don't know how it is that I never saw it, but I'm so glad you posted about it now. It's perfect, and if I said it once I'll say it again, Bruce is a keeper!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Bruce. We have to love these men of ours that have tools and know how to use them. The vanity is sooooo pretty. Happy New Week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is just stunning! And you are exactly right - I've learned so much from the book launch group, including you aren't always amazing and it's ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I've loved the book launch group and sharing with all. I truly think I could laugh now when a project isn't quite what I hoped for.

      Delete
  4. Your vanity turned out so pretty! Love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love that vanity! I almost decided to go with something similar in our bathroom but decided against it. That book sounds great and I love the cover! I am off to check it out. Hope your weekend has been a good one! That wedding is getting closer every day. Have a wonderful week.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that vanity is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vanity is beautiful! You are right, everyone needs encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! We do love how it turned out. The "stumble" was actually a good thing as the color I ended up with is just perfect. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty vanity. I thought maybe you all dropped it. I love First Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...