Monday, August 14, 2017

Flower Making, Other Stuff and A Winner!

We had a flower making party yesterday. I only snapped a few pictures with my phone because, you know, I was supposed to be working on flowers. Lol!


Megan is in the purple shirt...I seem to have caught her looking away each time. :)
We made a pretty good dent. A big thank you to all who helped!

Last week was kind of crazy...I finally went to see about my shoulder a couple of weeks ago and not only did I get a cortisone shot but he sent me to physical therapy so Monday and Friday I did that, Tuesday and Wednesday was spent in San Antonio for my aunt's funeral, and Thursday was my son's 30th birthday. On top of that, I've been finishing up a painting commission.
Happy Birthday, Jay! 

Bruce has also started painting the city house exterior. Seeing the fresh paint really made me realize how much we've needed to tackle this. (Can you say faded?) It looks great and I'm loving the neutral color scheme. I also realized I've had the perfect color all along for the kitchen - the living room color works perfectly in there. I have almost a whole gallon so I shouldn't have to buy any. Not sure when I will tackle that - after the wedding probably.

We are now less than two months from the wedding. I have a few things I still need to make -arrow signs, bean bags for the corn hole game- I know the last couple of weeks will be intense.



bits and pieces of our handiwork in progress
We also got the wildflower seed bags filled during the flower making party - it's what people will be tossing at them as they walk down the aisle as man and wife! 😊

Everything is coming together!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the giveaway of KariAnne's book "So Close To Amazing" -  everyone who commented on the blog or on my fb page was assigned a number then I had Bruce pull a number out of the bowl. The winner is...drumroll please...Denise!

Congratulations! I've contacted you and you have until Thursday to respond. I know you will love KariAnne as much as I do.

Have a wonderful week, my friends.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the wildflower seed toss idea and the paper flowers are so fun! Hope the physical therapy helps your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but the flower making looks like it was fun "work"! Love the sweet seed packs too, eco friendly to throw too. Feel better and enjoy the rest of the wedding prep.

    Congrats to Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to have a flower making party! Helps to take some of the stress away or at least help to let the stress fall on other things. Continue to enjoy the preparations and hope your shoulder feels better. Take care, and be sure to breathe and exhale!!!! You're doing great, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to have a flower making party. The wedding is going to be fabulous with all your hard work. Love the flower seed idea too. So special.
    Hope your shoulder gets to feeling better. I am having an issue with my knee and will be having gel put in it at the end of the month. Getting older and doing a million things is not for sissies!!!!!
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers look gorgeous! Wish we had thought to do something like this at my wedding:) Your daughter is lucky to have such a creative and handy mom!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wedding is going to be so beautiful Cecilia! I just know all your hard work is going to pay off.

    The flowers are perfect and it looks like you had lots of fun :).

    Hope your shoulder heals quickly. You can't let anything stop you from break dancing at the wedding ;).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to have a gathering to make flowers...making memories, too!
    Hope your shoulder is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, Cecilia, I can't believe how busy you are!! What a lot you have on your plate! I love the idea of your flower making party. They're all so pretty, and your wild flower seed packets are adorable! It's going to be such a lovely wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a little crazy but it is fun! We're going to start putting bouquets together this weekend. Hope I will have lots to share!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...