Friday, March 31, 2017

Creative Friday #8: Laundry Room Projects

Can you believe it's time for another Creative Friday? Wow, this week has gone by quickly. Welcome to Creative Friday #8!

Today, I am wrapping up the final projects for the laundry room refresh. As you know from my previous post, the laundry room had gotten shabby and cluttered. I've cleaned and repainted and am now in the process of putting it all back together.

I bought an IKEA Trofast to use as a bench in what I've started calling the "Drop Off Zone" - it's the spot a freezer would normally go in and directly across from the washer and dryer. It's where the cat litter box sits - the Trofast is the perfect size to hold the litter box. However, it needed a door to cover half of the front so I could hide the litter box.  I found a cabinet door at my local Habitat ReStore the perfect size (I paid $1 for it - score!).

The bench and door got a couple coats of antique white paint. After it dried, I attached the door with some hinges and now have the perfect spot for the litter box!

For the top of my bench, I needed a cushion. Guess what? A king sized pillow is the perfect size! Using a chevron fabric in a soft green, I made an easy pillow cover. It overlaps in the back so it can be easily taken off to wash or change.

I also placed a hook on the wall opposite the repurposed heart shelf so I could hang my pretty bag Kris from Junk Chic Cottage sent me.

Lastly, I made some art to use with my old window. First, I took photos of my garden bike and the driveway at the farm then using PicMonkey I added text and softened the colors. After saving them to my computer, I printed them out on my home printer, then popped them into some inexpensive black frames I got at Wal-Mart. Now I have some travel-themed art to greet me as I come and go.


Be sure to come back Monday for the final reveal. I adore how fresh and clean my laundry room looks and how well it now functions as an entry.


8 comments:

  1. Love your creative ideas! Such a clever way to hide the litterbox and useful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had fun putting your laundry room together, Cecilia! You have some wonderful ideas and can't wait to see the finished area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love all your projects! The bench for the litter box was genius! I especially love the framed pictures though...so pretty and personalized. Have a great weekend. Are you heading to the farm?

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to frame nature prints from the farm! The bench is key, too. Can't wait to see the final reveal! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen! Getting the reveal ready for tomorrow's post! :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see your laundry room all put back together. All the bits and pieces y9ou have here look really great! We always hid our cat's litter box, too-sometimes in side a cabinet with a 'cat door' cut into it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such creative ideas and we're lucky that you share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the art you added--who says the laundry can't be functional AND pretty?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...