Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Azaleas! Wisteria! A Spring Tour

I'm nursing a hurt back again. Dang, getting older sure sucks. It used to be I could dig in the garden all day and just be a little sore - not this whole back hurting thing. Oh well. I did stop before it was awful but then I went and worked on the studio door, bending over it. I think that's what did it. Sigh.

In spite of that, we had a wonderful weekend. The weather was just gorgeous! My mother-in-law and I headed up to the farm on Thursday. I was able to take care of securing hotel rooms for the wedding and we bought groceries for the weekend. We drove back through some neighborhoods and saw some pretty azaleas blooming in front of this old house:

Love the wisteria "tree" out front:


Then on Friday, Bonnie and I headed to Tyler to go see the azaleas. The Azalea Trail doesn't officially open until this weekend but since everything started blooming early, we knew we'd better get up there to see them before they faded. We walked around a historic neighborhood:
Bonnie capturing the beauty of the azaleas






And we weren't disappointed! Oh my! How beautiful the bushes were.


We even found a home that had a sign saying we could come on in and walk around.
Let me tell you, their yard was magazine worthy!



 Everything was landscaped so beautifully - this was in the front along the driveway:

Even the driveway retaining wall looked beautiful with ferns growing in it:

Back of the house from the pergola at the top of the yard:

All the houses along this creek had pretty stone bridges going across so they could reach the rest of their yards. If you look toward the back along the creek, you can see one.

There were niches with fountains



and statues, pergolas, patios, and loads of plants.



The pergola at the back of the yard, across the creek:

Another view along driveway looking into front yard:

Not only were the azaleas blooming, but the dogwoods and wisteria were also in full bloom:
pink dogwood
 Not a great picture with the power lines but I had to show how the wisteria is all up in the trees:



Then we got back in the car and drove around the rest of the azalea trail. This huge clump of white azaleas caught our attention.

I'm glad we went when we did. The flowers were already starting to fade. Fortunately, there were still plenty to see.

We really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful yards full of flowers. Spring sure delights with all its blooming splendor!

I'm sharing here:
Vintage Charm Party #71







15 comments:

  1. Azaleas are what I miss the most about living in south Alabama. Those gardens are just gorgeous. What a treat you were able to walk through one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH---I may be wrong but these might be the prettiest pictures you have ever posted! What a wonderful trip and those pictures are fantastic!!! I am glad you got hotels secured for the wedding. That is always a biggie!
    Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I can't imagine having such a gorgeous yard! I love that pergola and that rock wall covered in fern. Wow! These folks must have full time gardeners. What a fun outing for you and your MIL. I'm sure she enjoyed it! Have a happy Wednesday!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cecilia...such beauty met my eye in this lovely post! {{smiles}} I love azaleas...one farm we lived on had azaleas planted on one side of the long driveway...oh, but it was breathtaking... So glad you could enjoy time in beautiful creation, soaking up Spring delights!
    Hugs and love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Such a gorgeous neighborhood Cecilia!! Love the houses as well as the gardens. What a nice idea to have a sign inviting people to wander. Very thoughtful.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Swooning through all the pictures today. Azaleas are one of my favorites.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what a beautiful tour--garden envy ;) Sorry about your back--I know just what you mean, I can't work all day in the garden like I used to without my muscles paying for it later. Hope it feels better soon. Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could look at these pictures over and over! Thank you for sharing your beautiful tour @Vintage Charm--pinned!

      Delete
  8. I feel as though I have been officially introduced to Spring!
    Positively gorgeous, this was a special treat!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fantastic pictures are so inviting ... thanks for taking me along. Love the wall of ferns the best ... well, there are several shots I like the BEST. Glad you got to take this trip. Hope you get some healing rest for your back.
    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are so beautiful. Our azaleas didn't do very well this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I have one pitiful little azalea. It didn't even bloom. I so want a beautiful yard like theirs but I know it is lots and lots of work. Still one can dream, can't we? :)

      Delete
  11. This is all so beautiful Cecilia. What stunning spring photos.....Tyler is a beautiful little town....thank you ever so much for taking us along their spring trail..warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We really enjoyed seeing all those gorgeous flowers. I have serious garden envy!
      Hugs,
      Cecilia

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous neighborhood, just beautiful. Our azaleas won't bloom for at least another month to six weeks. You must be in a warmer southern climate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...