Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Gingerbread Kisses and Warm Christmas Wishes

What's better than gingerbread at Christmas?
Not much unless it's a hot cup of your favorite beverage along with a yummy cookie.

So of course, the city kitchen got dressed up with gingerbread men.

A train:

Gingerbread tea light houses with cookie cutters in a large jar:




Cute fabric gingerbread man with gingerbread trees:

Wood ornaments painted by yours truly and hung from the paper towel holder and on the wall:


 And old fashioned molasses cookies with a chocolate drizzle on top... or not. 😀

Normally I make cutout gingerbread cookies but all my helpers are grown and out of the house. I miss those days. And while I could definitely make them on my own, this recipe is just as delicious and way easier. The recipe comes from a sweet friend.

I just changed it up a little and rolled the dough in chopped pecans instead of sugar and once they came out of the oven, drizzled them with chocolate. Yum.

Gingerbread kisses indeed!


Sharing at these parties:
Creating Christmas Link Party

14 comments:

  1. Cecilia, your gingerbread men and houses are the cutest! Your kitchen is super cozy and I could go for a few of those cookies ;) Thank you for sharing at Creating Christmas! Hugs, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gingerbread men are so cute! I could have a cookie or two. Molasses cookies are delicious!

    Cold front coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gingerbread men are adorable and I love those houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about gingerbread just says Christmas. I've been thinking about making a G/house for fun, maybe next week. Our son is headed home for the holiday so maybe I'll save it for then. Love your display very festive!

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. I've had these houses for years. I almost didn't get them out but I thought if I'm not going to use them, why am I keeping them? I'm glad I did. I forgot just how cute they were!

      Delete
  5. Cecilia, your display looks really cute! Those molasses cookies look yummy and I'm trying that recipe! It looks too easy, which is a good thing. We have lots of pecans from our trees that I need to use up and I think I'll add the chocolate drizzle as you did -- makes them look extra decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute Cecilia. I have never tried molasses cookies so I might just have to give this recipe a try. They look yummo! Hugs to Herbie and Buddy from Cooper. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww...this post is near and dear to my heart. For many years I made gingerbread houses with our grandson. Now that he's 13 we no longer do it, and like you I miss it.

    The teddy bear is adorable Cecilia! I just want to squish him :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gingerbread! So cute and so good to eat. I love all your vignettes. The houses are especially adorable, and the stuffed gingerbread buy, lol. I found a mold at the thrift last summer, but admit I haven't tried making an edible gingerbread house yet. You have inspired me to try over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gingerbread but have never tasted Old Fashion Molasses cookies but they look delish. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste a lot like gingerbread! A good substitute!
      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  10. Hi Cecilia ... love your gingerbread decorations. Makes for a happy look in your kitchen. The cookies look so good too ... may try them sometime.
    Have a wonderful holiday the best Christmas ever.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cecilia,
    Love all of your gingerbread themed decorations!
    Molasses cookies are one of my favorites, thank you for sharing the recipe...I will try that one! I never thought of putting chocolate drizzle on top - that's genius! :)
    Wishing you the Happiest Christmas! Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...