Thursday, September 3, 2015

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn

It's been a busy week, getting back into a Fall schedule. I don't have kids in school anymore, but my Ladies Bible class started back up and I'm thrilled to meet with my sisters in Christ each week. It's such a blessing.

But with that and art and trying to workout at the gym, I haven't gotten much done. So yesterday, I stopped at Hobby Lobby and bought some canvases and other supplies to start my Holiday crafting (Fall - Halloween and Thanksgiving - and Christmas). And yeah, it's a mess right now.

I've made lists of the things I want to make this year and I've been pinning inspiration on Pinterest like crazy.

This weekend, I'm planning on switching out the Summer decor for Autumn (I can dream of cooler temperatures)!

To start me off, it's time to change out the chalkboard in my city house kitchen - from my Summer fun:

To Autumn saying:

ahhh, I can just picture the leaves swirling in the wind and feel the crisp, cool days and chilly nights! Now if only that was real! So hurry cooler weather! And bring your friend Rain.

Have you started on your Fall decor or am I the  one who is behind?


5 comments:

  1. I love the chalkboard and your new autumn saying.

    Just the other day I realized that I hadn't put out my sunflower plates. For some reason, I always associate sunflowers with August. Is it ok to use them for September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecilia! :)
    I love your summer chalkboard and your autumn one too!
    I was at Hobby Lobby and Joann this week gathering supplies for Christmas already...I cannot believe how fast it is coming. I make quite a few gifts, so I am trying to stay ahead of it all this year...well that's the plan anyways! ;)
    Can't wait to see what you create!
    I haven't started decorating for fall yet, still holding onto summer for another couple of weeks.
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even considered fall decorating yet. I am waiting for it to cool off a bit. Hopefully by the end of the month! Have fun on all your projects! Enjoy the long weekend. I'm off to the beach tomorrow after work and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia, I thought about pulling out fall deco when September hit my calendar, but it just doesn't feel right. I mean, it's still uber hot, ya know? I wish you and I would get fall when everyone else does. It's not fair! Waking up to temps in the 60's recently was a lovely taste of what's to come, but it's back to yucky again. Remind me why we live in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still hot here in the northeast, so I can only imagine how it must be in your neck of the woods. I'm in no hurry to let go of summer. I adore autumn, but not what follows! I did do some shopping today and got some autumn things because I'm participating in a blog Fall Home Tour. Those things force you to get moving lol.

    I like your poem for autumn Cecilia. Very pretty!

    Have a great weekend!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...