Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day Review

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did.

I got to spend most of the weekend at the farm. That's always a good thing. But this time, we had extra fun as my mother-in-law, Bonnie, and Bruce's oldest brother, Barry, came up too.

We spent Saturday relaxing and enjoying each others company.
Bruce and Bonnie 
Bruce and Barry shot guns and worked on a small project venting the water heater properly. It's good to have that done. The previous safety vent was too small so they made it bigger. Whew.

Bonnie and I enjoyed the beautiful day, sitting on the back porch, walking around looking at everything and picking the first dew berries. We got a good start for a pie! :o)

Sunday, Bruce and Barry took us over to Sabor a Pasion for brunch. Yum! Simon always makes the best food! Bonnie enjoyed getting to meet him and try out his food. She said she'd never had a breakfast that looked so pretty or tasted so good.

Simon and Bonnie
Of course, I made the guys have their picture taken with their mother:


After some cutting up, I got a good picture of the three of them.
Barry, Bonnie, and Bruce 
Then I had Bruce take my picture with her:

She's a special lady and I'm so blessed to have her as my mother-in-law. I'm so thankful for her.

We headed home after brunch as Jay and Megan were making me a special Mother's Day supper. I should of taken pictures of it and them but I was too busy being pampered to remember to do so. It was so good and I loved spending the time with my kids. They really know how to spoil me!

As the night came to a close, I sent love to my mom in heaven. Still miss her even after 13 years.
Thank you, Mom, for the love you showered on us. I look forward to seeing you again someday. You are very much missed.
_________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, we've been getting a crazy amount of rain. I'm not complaining after the drought we've been in the last several years. We fortunately missed the tornados and flooding other parts of the state got. Spring weather can be scary sometimes.

I hope all is well with you.



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely Mother's Day you had Cecilia! That breakfast looks divine! We are needing rain really bad. It's so dry here right now. We are currently hearing thunder but I think it's going to go around us. My plants need water but I guess I'm going to have to water them myself. I hope you're having a great week so far. Mine has been really productive so far!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Vicky, the breakfast was wonderful! So yummy. Funny, but we've gotten lots of rain here in town but not very much over the lakes so they are still low. Keeps going over them then dumping it below their zones. Ooo, whatcha been up to? Can't wait to see what you're doing. Hope you share soon!
      hugs,
      Cecilia

      Delete
  2. Lovely family! It looks like a great breakfast as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I love these people dearly. Yes, it wa! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This was such a lovely post Cecilia, it truly warmed my heart. I can just tell by looking at Bonnie's face she's a special lady. Can you do that too or am I weird? (Humm...maybe you shouldn't answer that lol). You look so pretty and happy too! So glad you had a great day with your loved ones. That's what it's all about.

    (For some reason, this post was deep within my archives! I never would have found it if I hadn't been looking for something else. I've just about given up trying to figure out technology!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, technology makes my head spin. Ack!
      Sometimes, I can look at someone and know they're special. Not always though. I don't think you're weird at all.
      I am very blessed. Glad you found my post...I can't even find my archives. Lol.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I loved seeing photos of you and your family. Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel! I'm trying to, but it's rained almost every day. I am so happy about it too - I want to go dance in it but the thunder and lightening make it a no no. LOL.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...