Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Finished Closet

Our closet is mostly put back together, things sorted and placed on the shelves, and everything nice and organized. I only have two boxes to go through and sort. Can I just say I love my restyled closet?!
You can see the boxes I still need to go through...once that's done, I will cover them and place them on the shelf above.
I placed my extra blankets on top of the chifforobe 

I hung this to use as a hook. It works great! I found it at Hobby Lobby in their knobs. Love the chippy look!

The shelves above got all organized:
Here the hook has a shirt hanging on it

Bruce's side


I covered some plastic mesh baskets with some pretty fabric and added a band of the same fabric on the navy bins. They all have labels (well, almost all! )


And the spot above my shoe shelves? Well, this is what I did with it: I used a canvas and covered it with my beautiful fabric to make a jewelry spot.


I added trim and upholstery tacks, then hung two frames - one holds my earrings (with the addition of some mesh wire) and the other showcases a couple of necklaces hung on a mercury glass knob.



I took the rest of the tacks and used them to hang all my necklaces.



Placed some pretty containers on the shelf to hold more pieces like some bracelets:

And this beautiful dish from a sweet friend holds my post earrings:


I love my jewelry all out in one spot. So easy to find!

Finally, I added the banner ( sent to me by Vicky of "Life On Willie Mae Lane" ) with my word of the year "Balance". Thanks Vicky, for this sweet reminder to keep my life in "Balance".

 With my closet cleaned up, my life definitely has some balance happening! I feel so much joy and yes, peace, when I walk into my closet. Here's to neat organized spaces!


Hugs,

23 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous Cecila - it looks beautiful - that fabric is just gorgeous and what a great idea to cover the baskets with it -
    Shoes - clothes and jewels - ALL organized?
    A dream come true for me !!!
    Beautiful job!!!
    AND love the banner that Vicky made for you :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzan! It's a first for me - I could almost sit in there and just admire it! I love my little banner too! Vicky is a sweetheart!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful feeling - this is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Let's hope it stays that way lol!

      Delete
  3. Sure looks great Cecilia. I know you're glad it's organized and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good, Cecilia! You have some great and inspiring ideas on organizing a closet. Love how you display your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to do something more difficult then inspiration struck! I'm loving it! No more searching for a particular piece! Have a wonderful week, Gail.

      Delete
  5. Love it! The fabric you used is gorgeous and I love your jewelry area! I was so tickled to spot the banner hanging there...:) Thanks for the shout out and you are quite welcome. Enjoy your beautiful new space....:)
    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! You saw it. I was just getting ready to send you an email to let you know. I love my banner so much and now I have the perfect spot for it. ;)

      Delete
    2. It's the perfect sport to see it every day and remind yourself....:)

      Delete
  6. Oh Cecilia, it turned out beautifully. I am sure you are loving having everything clean and organized! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am, Jane! Thank you very much. Have a good week!

      Delete
  7. It must feel wonderful to have your closet organized and in order. Now how about coming over and helping me with mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm on my way! ( I would, you know!) it is so much work but so worth it!

      Delete
  8. You know what this means, don't you? Start packing 'cause I'm sending a plane ticket your way. You're coming to NY and doing my closet. That's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All righty! I'll be ready. :-D
      I think we'd have tons of fun, Doreen!

      Delete
  9. Very Serene! Looks so great! I recently did my closet and hung my necklaces on the wall too! I smile instead of groan, every time I go in there, and yes, it definitely brings balance to my life!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! I don't know about you, but I really like being able to see all my necklaces out! Here's to clean closets!

      Delete
  10. Not only is it so very neat and organized, it is beautiful too!...I love your Jewelry section of the closet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Shirley! Hope you are having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I have to admit it's my favorite too! It's the icing on the cake in my opinion!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!

Springtime Projects 3: Have A Seat!

It might still be Spring, but here in Texas, things are starting to heat up and feel like Summer. I knew I needed to get the last of my Spri...